HAVE YOU BEEN CURIOUS ABOUT DOING A SILENT RETREAT?
Do you have a mindfulness or meditation practice, but just can't seem to keep it going? Or, perhaps you've been curious about doing a silent meditation retreat but the thought of doing 2, 3 or 4 days is a little overwhelming? One of the most powerful ways to grow or deepen your practice is by attending a few retreats every year. Join Qualified MBSR Teacher and Mindfulness Instructor, Kate Kerr for this semi-silent 1-day retreat and learn how to practice mindfulness & discover powerful strategies to live a more conscious and successful life. The benefits you'll walk away with include understanding and managing your mind better, reducing stress, responding more skillfully in challenging situations, increasing focus, having stronger mental resilience and learning all the tools you need to practice mindfulness anytime, anywhere.
WHO IS THIS RETREAT FOR?
The intensive and semi-silent nature of this one day retreat is intended to help you and your team more deeply cultivate a sense of presence from moment to moment. We'll give you the tools to elevate your base level of concentration power, focus and clarity and help you develop your resilience, self awareness and emotional intelligence (today's must have skills for any type of leader). If you're an executive, professional or entrepreneur who loves adventure and stretching out of your comfort zone and is aware of and challenged by the reality of work-life stress, this retreat is for you. If you're looking for science proven ways to create resilience, break through change and creativity in your work and life, you've come to the right place.
THE WAKEFUL RETREAT PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- A qualified, experienced mindfulness facilitator & senior trainer.
- An exclusive welcome package with our top 5 tips & strategies on how to prepare for the retreat and get the most out of the day.
- Kate's inspirational keynote talk on what mindfulness really is, the neuroscience behind it, the physiology of stress.
- The four must know steps to master meditation.
The five foundational mindfulness practices, including the body scan, mindful movement, sitting with awareness of breath, mountain meditation, walking meditation, sound meditation, thoughts are not facts meditation, loving kindness meditation.
A transformational eating meditation to help you cultivate greater creativity, curiosity and breakthrough thinking in your life and work.
The EXACT tools you need to implement mindfulness at work and at home.
Exclusive bonus material [only available in this retreat] "10 Steps To Mindfulness Cheat Sheet".
Powerful resources and handouts.
Membership in Wake Up Kate's Private FB Community.
Closing discussion, how to transition to informal life, on going support and resources.
THE BENEFITS YOU WILL WALK AWAY WITH:
- You will understand and manage your mind better
- You'll gain a new sense of inner freedom and wisdom
- You'll feel more confident and have stronger mental resilience
- You'll reduce stress and respond more skillfully
- You'll know how to practice mindfulness anytime and anywhere
- You'll increase focus and be less distracted
- You'll have all the tools and support you need to establish a daily mindfulness practice
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Come in comfortable clothing that works for both meditation and mindful yoga.
- Bring a yoga mat for some gentle stretching.
- We provide great handouts and resources, but feel free to bring a journal and pen, in case you want to take a few notes.
- Bring a packed lunch and water bottle, we do a guided eating meditation together. We have a lovely kitchen with a fridge, a microwave, healthy snacks and tea/coffee station.
- We like to keep our retreats scent free & kindly ask participants to shut off their cell phones for the duration of the retreat.
- We encourage you to come with an open and skeptical mind!
INTERESTED IN ATTENDING ON YOUR OWN OR WITH A FRIEND? JOIN US FOR OUR Fall 2018 WAKEFUL RETREAT WHICH WILL BE HELD SATURDAY november 17TH, 2018
Saturday November 17th, 2018 | 9am-4.30pm | MacLachlan College | 337 Trafalgar Road | Oakville
REGISTER BY october 29th to GET $75 OFF.
For details on tuition, dates, venue and registration, click REGISTER NOW button.
ABOUT THE RETREAT INSTRUCTOR: KATE KERR, BA (HONS)
Kate is a qualified MBSR Instructor (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction). She has studied mindfulness meditation and interpersonal neurobiology with Dr. Stéphane Treyvaud at the Mindfulness Centre since 2011. She has deepened her practice at numerous 8 day silent retreats with Shinzen Young in Vipassana insight meditation. Kate is formally trained in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction with the highly regarded international MBSR Professional Education and Training at University of Massachusetts Medical School in Boston. Most recently Kate completed the intensive Mind Body Medicine Training with Saki Santoreli, Florence Meleo-Meyer and Judson Brewer. Kate thrives on an active daily meditation practice of her own embodying mindfulness as a way of life.
PRAISE FOR WAKE UP KATE COURSES & RETREATS:
"Kate you are truly a gifted facilitator. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with such empathy and compassion. You are inspirational. So much of what you shared has resonated deeply with me. I’ve experienced adversity many times in my life but in the last few years it has affected my health and happiness and I’ve been searching for how to regain my balance. Your retreat was just what I needed. Thank you for’ waking’ me up and helping me find my way back to me."
— Carolyn Simpson Financial Advisor / President, Money Moods Incorporated
"When I attended Kate's workshop training I learned about how being mindful might help me through life’s difficulties. Kate’s comprehensive understanding of the science and physiology behind meditation and of the various techniques and methods towards enlightenment helps you to build a foundation, but she knows enough to let you get there yourself."
— William Harper, MD, FRCPC, Associate Professor of Medicine, Divisions of Endocrinology and Internal Medicine, McMaster University. Chief of Medicine, Hamilton General Site of Hamilton Health Sciences.
"Kate Kerr of Wake Up Kate is not only a captivating storyteller, she is an inspirational teacher. We were very lucky to have Kate deliver her mindfulness and stress reduction session last month for our staff at the Canadian Cancer Society."
— Deirdre Brough, Associate Director, Corporate Engagement, Canadian Cancer Society, National Office.
"Kate will 'WakeUp' your interest in mindfulness and motivate you to create healthy change in your life. It is clear from Kate's engaging presentation that she is passionate about this topic-she clearly walks the talk. A quarter of our staff have signed up for her 4 week course to further their learning on mindfulness."
— Lisa M. Duranleau, Executive Director, MacLachlan College