8-Week MBSR Course Starting April 17, 2018
8-Week MBSR Course Starting April 17, 2018
ARE YOU READY TO GIVE THIS TRANSFORMATIVE AND POTENTIALLY LIFE-CHANGING PROGRAM A TRY?
Embedded within the context of Mind/Body and Integrative Medicine, the MBSR curriculum focuses on the cultivation of both 'formal and 'informal' mindfulness practices as a foundation for psychological and emotional resilience that can be utilized across your entire worklife. A primary objective is to cultivate ways of learning and being that can be utilized far beyond completion of the program.
WHAT IS MINDFULNESS-BASED STRESS REDUCTION (MBSR)?
The 8 week, 9 session MBSR curriculum is based on an intensive training in mindfulness meditation. The curriculum was developed by the University of Massachusetts Medical School & Centre For Mindfulness over the course of three decades and is designed to teach participants how to integrate and apply mindfulness in their everyday lives and to the range of challenges arising from life stresses.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
"Mindfulness provides a simple but powerful route for getting ourselves unstuck, back in touch with our wisdom and vitality. It is a way to take charge of the direction and quality of our own lives, including our relationships with the family, our relationships to work and the larger world and planet, and most fundamentally, our relationship with ourself as a person.” Jon Kabat-Zinn.
This 35 year old course is highly respected in the medical, business and educational community. It has been featured on 60 minutes with Anderson Cooper, on PBS in Bill Moyer's documentary, Healing and the Mind (seen by more than 40 million people), Time Life Magazine, The Oprah Winfrey show, ABC's Evening News with Dan Harris and hundreds of publications.
OUR 8-WEEK MBSR COURSE INCLUDES
- Wake Up Kate's TED talk style international keynote and exclusive introduction to mindfulness & MBSR delivered at the orientation (1.5 hours).
- Eight weekly classes (2.5 hours each).
- One ALL DAY silent retreat usually on a Saturday or Sunday.
- Weekly coaching via dedicated one-on-one weekly email consultation with a Qualified Mindfulness Instructor.
- Teaching tips and live support with FREE Membership in Wake Up Kate's Closed Facebook Group.
- One-on-one guided instruction in mindfulness across all foundational mindfulness practices including sitting and walking meditation, mindful eating, mindful dialogue/communication, body scans and body-mind awareness.
- Gentle stretching, mindful yoga.
- Group dialogue, experiential exercises and enquiry aimed at cultivating emotional intelligence and self-awareness in everyday life and work.
- Daily home assignments.
- Life time access to Wake Up Kate's guided meditation recordings to keep you on track after the course ends!
- An easy to use home practice manual to keep you on track.
- All Wake Up Kate MBSR Graduates receive outstanding bonuses, on completing our program, to help you keep up the momentum from this training. These bonuses are exclusive to our MBSR graduate community and not available anywhere else.
100% RISK FREE MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Full tuition is due to register for the course. If at the end of the mandatory orientation session you decide - or we decide - this course is not for you, your full tuition will be refunded in full, less a $50 non-refundable processing fee. Once you begin the program (after Orientation), your tuition fee is non-refundable.
We encourage you to register early as we only open the doors to our MBSR course three times per year, we have limited seats in our program and many MBSR courses have a waiting list of people.
Grab an early bird spot and get $100 off now.
AN EVIDENCE BASED PROGRAM
Two decades of published research indicate that the majority of people who complete this course experience:
- Reduced stress, anxiety and depression
- Improvements with pain, tiredness and headaches
- Increased awareness and concentration
- Increased perception and memory
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Improved self-esteem
- An ability to cope more effectively with both short and long term stressful situations
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- There's nothing you need to do to prepare for this course in advance - the orientation session will cover everything you need to know.
- You are provided with a deep, experiential and integrated learning about the many ways you can harness the power of your mind and body to reduce pain, stress, illness and create more happiness, ease and wellbeing.
- If you're looking for a course which is easy, MBSR may not be for you. This course is not a lecture style program built for the masses, this is a highly experiential, roll-up-your-sleeves, direct experience training.
- This program requires perseverance, patience and an open skeptical mind. This is a life-shifting, intensive program that requires you make an on going commitment to yourself by attending eight 2.5 hour sessions, plus a day long silent retreat as well as practising daily home assignments for 45 minutes per day.
- While attending all 8 classes will help you get maximum benefit, we understand sometimes schedules change. If you miss a couple classes, we've got you covered with a special class re-cap.
ABOUT THE MANDATORY ORIENTATION
The first step prior to full enrolment in the 8 week MBSR is a mandatory orientation session. The orientation session is required of all participants before beginning the program. At our orientation session you will learn more about the program, meet the instructor and other participants and explore whether the program is right for you and if it's a good fit. You will be given a flavour of some of the practices, and a short introduction to mindfulness and the science behind it.
Mandatory Orientation: Tuesday April 17th, 2017 | 6.30pm-8.00pm
Class Dates: 8 Tuesdays: April 24, May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29. June 5, 12. Class Time: 6.30pm-9.00pm
All Day Retreat: Saturday June 2nd, 9am - 4pm. We understand plans change. If you can't attend our MBSR retreat, Wake Up Kate offers all MBSR students the option to join one of our 1-day Wakeful Retreats for free.
MacLachlan College | 337 Trafalgar Road | Oakville
EARLY BIRD PACKAGE
EARLY BIRD, GET $100 OFF
ENTER PROMO CODE:
PAY $595+HST UNTIL MARCH 31, 2018
PAY $695+HST AFTER MARCH 31, 2018
DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE PROMO CODE TO RECEIVE YOUR EARLY REGISTRATION OFFER.
CONTACT US AT SUPPORT@WAKEUPKATE.COM IF YOU NEED ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE OR HAVE FURTHER QUESTIONS.
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES A MINIMUM NUMBER OF ATTENDEES. IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT THAT THE PROGRAM IS CANCELLED, YOU WILL BE GIVEN A NUMBER OF OPTIONS, INCLUDING A FULL REFUND.
ABOUT THE COURSE INSTRUCTOR: KATE KERR, BA (HONS)
Kate is a Qualified MBSR Instructor (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction) with UMASS Medical School, a motivational speaker, a change-maker and facilitator. She is a sought-after and highly regarded speaker who creates powerful workshops, talks and emotional connections with her audiences. She has studied mindfulness meditation and interpersonal neurobiology with Dr. Stéphane Treyvaud since 2011. She has deepened her practice at multiple 9 day silent retreats with Shinzen Young in Vipassana insight meditation. Kate is a professionally trained instructor in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction with the highly regarded international MBSR Professional Education and Training at University of Massachusetts Medical School. Most recently Kate completed the intensive Mind Body Medicine Training with Saki Santoreli, Florence Meleo-Meyer and Judson Brewer. Kate thrives on an active daily meditation practice of her own embodying mindfulness as a way of life.
PRAISE FOR WAKE UP KATE EVENTS
"Kate you are truly a gifted facilitator. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with such empathy and compassion. You are inspirational. So much of what you shared has resonated deeply with me. I’ve experienced adversity many times in my life but in the last few years it has affected my health and happiness and I’ve been searching for how to regain my balance. Your retreat was just what I needed. Thank you for 'waking’ me up and helping me find my way back to me." — Carolyn Simpson, President, Money Moods Incorporated
"When I attended Kate's workshop training I learned about how being mindful might help me through life’s difficulties. Kate’s comprehensive understanding of the science and physiology behind meditation and of the various techniques and methods towards enlightenment helps you to build a foundation, but she knows enough to let you get there yourself." — William Harper, MD, FRCPC, Associate Professor of Medicine, Divisions of Endocrinology and Internal Medicine, McMaster University. Chief of Medicine, Hamilton General Site of Hamilton Health Sciences.
"Kate Kerr of Wake Up Kate is not only a captivating storyteller, she is an inspirational teacher. We were very lucky to have Kate deliver her mindfulness and stress reduction session last month for our staff at the Canadian Cancer Society."— Deirdre Brough, Associate Director, Corporate Engagement, Canadian Cancer Society, National Office.
"After attending the 8-week MBSR course with Kate, I left with more knowledge and understanding about how mindfulness could be used on a daily basis to help improve my relationships at work and at home. Having the ability to ‘respond’ instead of ‘react’ in a situation is an instrumental tool that allows for clear thinking and more positive resolutions. This was my first exposure to mindfulness, and while I was a little bit skeptical going in, I’m now continuing to use what I’ve learned on a daily basis." — Brent Clifford, Partner, OKD Marketing.
"Kate will 'WakeUp' your interest in mindfulness and motivate you to create healthy change in your life. It is clear from Kate's engaging presentation that she clearly walks the talk. A quarter of our staff have signed up for her 4 week course to further their learning on mindfulness." — Lisa M. Duranleau, Executive Director, MacLachlan College
"Since learning how to listen carefully, mindfully, without thinking about what I’m going to say next, I have become more authentically me. Letting go of thinking ahead, and embracing trust in my moment to moment thought process, I have been able to be more present with my experiences and the people in my life." — Laura Murphy, Vice President, VelocityEHS